Last week’s blog re Enterprise Ireland grants generated a lot of interest. Many of the emails I received wanted to know whether there were grants available for energy efficiency improvements. By coincidence, SEAI have announced substantial grants for energy efficiency.
The new SEAI grant scheme is the ‘Better Energy Workplaces 2011’ scheme. In summary
- Grants are available for energy upgrades to buildings, services, facilities and processes
- Support of up to 35% of eligible costs is available
- Grant support is between €20,000 and €500,000
- Eligible costs include external labour, materials, equipment, hardware and control systems and subject to review of a case by case basis, additional specialist costs
- Projects must be completed by, and paid for, by 1 December 2011.